Go Higher West Yorkshire (formerly known as HEART) has moved to www.gohigherwestyorks.ac.uk

Tel. 0113 343 3503

Email. heart@leeds.ac.uk

Kirklees College Case StudyAt HEART we truly believe in the value of learning and how it can empower individuals and organisations to achieve success personally, financially and creatively.

Kirklees College student, Chrissy Eastwood, is a fantastic example returning to learning to pursue her dream to become a commercial photographer.  With her hard work and application to study, the support of the college and opportunities such as the commission for Huddersfield Town’s Canalside Sports Complex her dream is nearing reality.

Chrissy has produced six striking photographic images of local landmarks following the offer of a choice of projects provided to the students on the second year of the photography Foundation Degree at the Batley School of Art.

Chrissy said of her achievement “We were offered a choice of projects; I, along with three other students chose this one.  I was absolutely delighted when I was told that my images had been chosen to be displayed.”

“I left school without any qualifications but always loved Art and Photography from an early age. After bringing up four daughters I now felt it was time to develop my interests further. However, with no qualifications I had to first do an Access to HE course in Art and Design at Kirklees College and thoroughly enjoyed it. I then enrolled on a two year Foundation Degree photography course.  I have already had a number of photographic commissions including weddings, but I have a real passion for landscapes and architecture so this project was right up my street.”

Stuart Leach, Canalside operations manager, said: “We have just completely refurbished our function room but it needed something on the walls to add some interest.  We have worked in partnership with Kirklees College for many years so decided to ask their students to help.  We decided not to go down the football image route and instead asked the students for images of local landmarks.  Chrissy’s images really stood out for us and we think they look amazing.”

There has never been a stronger case for adult learning, whether you are looking to explore your interests, develop your career or sharpen your personal development, HEART partners can help you reach your goals and develop your passions.

HEART – Proud Sponsors of the HEART Raising Aspirations Award, Adult Learners’ Week 2013 and 2014

Art work

Heart Partners