Leeds City Region is a great place in which to build and do business. We have a great deal to be proud of and this includes the great range of higher education providers, from local Further Education Colleges to Russell Group Universities.
Do you value higher level skills in your business?
There is a direct correlation between economic performance/resilience, levels of employment and higher level skills and qualifications. Leeds city region is looking for business experts with experience of how higher level skills and connections with the regions higher education providers have supported business development growth.
HEART is here to provide you with a central point of contact for schools and businesses, making links between employers, students and staff.
How can you help?
Simply encourage other business leaders to engage with, and make use of the range of services that is offered by higher education providers, such as training, knowledge transfer/research partnerships, business networking events, student interns etc.
Become a Higher Level Skills Ambassador
As a Higher level skills ambassador, you will:
*Be pro-active in promoting value of higher education and the services available to your business networks and supply chains.
* Signpost other business leaders who are seeking connections with HE providers to HEART and Higher York.
* Participate in a small number of events each year and potentially take an active role in increasing business/HE engagement through presentations, business breakfasts, etc.
* Provide case study material to HEART and Higher York for inclusion in marketing and information material.
* Participate in ad hoc feedback activities (e.g. questionnaires, private meetings, focus groups) to inform policy developments, PR campaigns, etc.
*Participate in higher education award ceremonies and PR activities, including media interviews.
This is a voluntary role and the time commitment is entirely flexible.
Benefits of being an HE Ambassador
* Increased profile within business, HE and Leeds City Region
* Networking opportunities
* Boosting the local economy
* Giving something back to the business community and wider society
If you are a business leader who would make a great Higher Level Skills Ambassador, we would love to hear from you.
email@example.com or call 0113 343 2312
The HEART Manager represents HE providers in West Yorkshire on the LCR Skills Network.